Versatile and multi-talented Visual & Interaction Designer, User Experience Designer, Brand Developer and Illustrator with experience in a variety of industries and environments. Creative thinker and quick study with the ability to adapt to rapidly changing business situations and tight deadlines. Strong communication skills facilitate a high level of collaboration among co-workers in a team-oriented environment. Very organized and results oriented. Advanced knowledge of art creation and office software. Experience with software design principles and franchise development.
Microsoft Inc., Redmond, Wa. (2002-Present)
Microsoft CMX Design Group: (2014-Present via Allovus Creative Partnerships)
User Experience Designer: Designed UX concepts and Big Data Visualizations for Microsoft’s Cloud and IT services for the System Center and Azure projects.
- Created rough sketches, wire-frames, redlines, and end-to-end User Experience models for Microsoft Azure Operational Intelligence application. Features included: Partial Search Results, Custom Intelligence Packs, Solutions Gallery, Operational Intelligence integration with Azure V1, Change Tracking and Settings menu.
- Designed an innovative website for the Cloud Management Experience team that is used to attract new talent to the origination.
Microsoft Hardware UX Design Group: (2012-2014 via Allovus Creative Partnerships)
User Interaction Designer/ Visual Designer/ User Experience Designer/ Rapid Prototyping:
- Responsible for end-to-end User Experience design process for Microsoft LifeCam Dashboard Windows 8 app, which included Interaction and Visual design. Oversaw front-end app development by overseeing a Scene Integrator to ensure quality control and correct implementation. The resulting app helps the user quickly determine the status of the connected webcam with live video and features a Modern “flat” Visual Design model.
- Assisted Senior User Experience designer in creating rapid prototypes of software user experience solutions for next-gen Microsoft Hardware products. Used Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and 3-D Studio Max to quickly assemble wire-frames, visual design prototypes and interaction concepts that were extremely well received by the internal design team, leading to many concepts receiving the "green light" for next stage development.
Microsoft Small Business Group (SBG): Project Siena / Project Kent / (2009-2012)
User Experience / Interaction / Brand Identity Designer:
- Engaged in visual & interaction concept design including NUI navigation using the Natal camera, authored end-to-end user experience design proposals & specs, and devised brand solutions for Siena & Kent projects.
Constructed visual designs, Brand development, wireframes, layouts, redlines, and motion for Avatar Kinect, including assembly of working XUI scene assets for the project, leading to Avatar Kinect becoming the top most used app in the Xbox “Fun Labs” portal.
Worked with Kent management in rapid prototyping of feature proposals, including brainstorming, storyboarding, 2-D & 3-D conceptual illustrations, and motion studies that resulted in project approval.
Microsoft Train Simulator 2, Microsoft Flight Simulator 11, Microsoft ESP, Microsoft Flight Simulator Insider (2006-2009)
User Interface Visual & Interaction Designer
- Created innovative new UI visual design concepts and advised User Experience Designers on interaction flow. Usability tests confirmed that the visual designs offered both sophistication for hard-core enthusiasts and ease-of-use for new and casual consumers.
- Self-taught proprietary XUI interface tool and rapidly learned internal production pipeline which enabled quick prototyping of visual and animation elements and efficient UI implementation.
- Instituted new branding concepts and product identification for Train Simulator that were adopted as the studio standard and utilized in marketing, advertising and trade-show materials.
- Acted as the visual design consultant to the web content team for the Flight Simulator Insider website, created attractive layouts and illustrations for new articles & features using Adobe Photoshop.
Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Acceleration Pack (2005-2006) Flight Simulation game for the PC platform.
User Interface Visual Designer / 2-D & 3-D Artist:
- Designed and built a new series of 3-D directional HUD icons that were easy to identify and interpret in high pressure racing situations.
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (2004-2005) Flight Simulation game for the PC platform
- Texture Art: Created unique branding design concepts for fantasy airlines that were unique, believable and became Flight Sim fan favorites.
Forza Motorsports (2004): Racing simulation game for the X-Box platform
- 3-D Modeling / Texture Art
Microsoft Flight Sim 2004: A Century of Flight (2002-2003) Flight Simulation game for the PC platform
- 3-D Modeling / Texture Art
Microsoft Combat Flight Sim 3 (2002) WWII Action Flight Simulation game for the PC platform.
User Interface Artist / Illustrator:
- Quickly learned all proprietary procedures and tool-sets to maintain pre-existing design integrity while creating new high quality UI visual content in Adobe Photoshop on time or ahead of schedule.
- Utilized models in 3ds Max and concepts from cut-scene movies to create a series of nine dynamic end-of-campaign illustrations that maintained continuity with game imagery and branding.
VM Labs, MountainView, Ca (2000-2001) Developer of NUON DVD/Gaming technology
Creative Director / User Interface Designer:
- Chosen as first User Interaction and Visual Designer for VM Labs’ proprietary NUON platform. Managed UI art assistant and worked directly with OEMs and Movie Studios to create stunning graphical environments for NUON enhanced DVD players, movies and software tools using Adobe Photoshop and 3ds Max.
MicroProse (Hasbro Interactive), Alameda, Ca (1996-1999)
Falcon 4.0: (1996-1998)
User Interface Artist / Interaction Designer:
Created all User Interface art for Falcon 4.0 on time or ahead of schedule. Developed clearly understandable and attractive 2-D and 3-D icons using Photoshop and 3ds Max. Devised all interaction concepts for buttons, menu transitions and graphic animation.
- Visual Designer: Created unique and interesting interface background art and photo-illustrations.
- Texture Artist: Created exterior art for "run-time" 3-D aircraft, achieving striking accuracy and detail in models.
- 3-D Artist: Self-taught 3Ds Max to create "in-game" aircraft, environmental and cockpit-view models & textures.
Freelance Illustrator, San Francisco, Ca
Editorial and humorous illustration for a variety of magazines and newspapers.
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Adobe Illustrator CC
- Adobe After Effects CC
- Adobe Premiere CC
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
- Axure RSP
Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA, Illustration BFA program, minor in Graphic Design